We may earn a small commission from products from the companies mentioned in this post.
I have fond memories of making “dump cake” with my kids – they were easy, moist, and delicious! They were a staple in our house until my daughter was diagnosed with Celiac Disease. For years we mostly just ate ice cream for dessert, and then I found Trim Healthy Mama (I'm still so thankful I did!) which meant adopting a healthy way of eating that did not include sugary, carb-loaded cakes.
I've been on the lookout for a delicious, THM-friendly dump cake recipe, but I hadn't been able to find one. I've come up with my own two-layer “dump cake” recipe, and we've made it several times in the past two weeks alone! This recipe has a sweet, creamy pumpkin layer on the bottom, and a cake layer on the top. It's already become a family favorite, and I hope you love it!
The low-carb ingredients you'll need for this recipe are:
- one 15 oz. can of pumpkin
- 1 cup of full-fat coconut milk
- 3 eggs
- 4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon THM Gentle Sweet
- 1 1/4 cups THM Baking Blend
- another 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon THM Gentle Sweet
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 sticks of butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk coconut milk, pumpkin, pumpkin spice, vanilla extract, eggs, and 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon Gentle Sweet.
- Pour pumpkin mixture into a greased 9 x 13 pan.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine THM Baking Blend, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and additional 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon THM Gentle Sweet.
- Sprinkle the Baking Blend mixture over the pumpkin layer until there is a thick layer (use all of the Baking Blend mixture). Then drizzle melted butter over the top.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until top layer is golden. This will brown very quickly, so you'll want to check it right at 35 minutes to see if it is done.
- Serve with low-carb vanilla ice cream or stevia-sweetened whipped cream.
- Refrigerate leftovers. Reheat in a 350 degree oven for 10-15 minutes.