Feta Burgers with Tomato Cream Sauce
We may earn a small commission from products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Delicious Feta Burgers in a Creamy Tomato Sauce – yes, please!
As a Trim Healthy Mama Drive Thru Sue, I mostly rely on quick and easy recipes (and post them here at thewellplannedkitchen.com). I save more involved recipes for the weekend when I generally have a little more time. This recipe doesn't take a very long time, but it is really yummy and definitely makes great leftovers!
I heart feta cheese. But more often than not, when I post a recipe with feta cheese in it, I get emails and comments from people who want to know if they can substitute the feta cheese for something else.
I've served these burgers with a side salad, on Smart Buns (I seriously love those), or even over spaghetti squash or Dreamfields noodles – the sauce is THAT good!
Listen, do you what you want. Live your best life. But if your best life doesn't include feta cheese, you're missing out! Please at least TRY this one with the feta. I think you'll love it!
Feta Burgers with Creamy Tomato Sauce
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 egg
- 4 oz feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 Tbsp fresh basil
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp beef broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Combine ground beef, feta cheese, egg, chopped basil, minced garlic, and salt and pepper in a large mixing bowl.
- Form the ground beef mixture into twelve equally sized patties.
- In a large skillet over medium/high heat, cook the patties to desired temperature. I cook mine for about four minutes on each side before cutting into one to see if it needs a little more time. You may need to cook them in batches.
- Using a slotted spatula, remove the patties from the pan and place on a paper towel-lined plate. Cover with foil to keep the burgers warm.
- Drain the grease from the pan and lower the heat to medium/low. Add 2 Tablespoons of beef broth to the pan and whisk to deglaze, scraping any brown bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Add one cup of heavy whipping cream, whisking well, then add Italian seasoning, green onions, and tomato paste. Whisk well.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, then cook for about 5 minutes or until thickened.
- Add the burger patties back to the pan, coat with sauce, then serve garnished with additional green onions if desired.
Jen thank you for sharing great recipes and tips!
Thoughts on using ground turkey instead of the beef?
Absolutely! I don’t always love that substitution because ground turkey can be dry, but with this sauce I think it’s great!
Made this for lunch. Phenomenal! It will go in my rotation
Yay, I’m so glad you liked it!
Oh boy, this sounds delicious! Thanks for sharing. 😀
My Walmart finally has Dreamfields pasya, but aren’t the carbs still pretty high for an S meal?
Hi Susan! THM allows Dreamfields because the net carbs are lower than what appears on the box. Pearl says that it’s still a personal choice item, but it should be used sparingly and at the serving size suggested. 🙂