THM Meal Plan for August
We may earn a small commission from products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Following a THM Meal Plan ready saves so much time – it's always worth it to me to have my. meals figured out ahead of time! Many of these recipes are from the original Trim Healthy Mama book or the Trim Healthy Mama Cookbook (if you don't have one or both of these, try Pinterest for substitutions, just make sure the substitute falls into the THM guidelines). This is a very basic THM menu, and requires some recipe doubling and freezing at the beginning of the month.
Resources I Use for this THM Meal
- THM Cookbook
- THM Original Book
- Just Like Brown Sugar
- Gentle Sweet
- Pure Stevia Extract
- Protein Powder
If you need more meal ideas, I have tons of menus available here.
After many requests, I went back to the way I used to do the menus – 31 meals that you can make when it fits your family. This makes it much more customizable to your eating habits and cooking style – just choose what you want, and go from there! This menu planning style goes really well with a Menu Board – you might want to try that out if you find you have food go bad before you can get to it or if you want to try a really efficient way to meal plan that takes very little time. I worked really hard to put together a clean, easy-to-read and follow menu and shopping list to make your shopping experience even better. I hope it works well for you!
Here are your notes (these are important!), and below these notes you’ll find the free printable downloads:
- If you’re interested in eating a healthy, frugal diet but you don’t know what the “S and E” letters next to the meal names are, don’t worry! Anyone can benefit from this healthy menu. Those letters are for the Trim Healthy Mama diet (which I highly recommend!), and if you’re interested, you can learn more about it in the Trim Healthy Mama book or with one of my free resources.
- MOST IMPORTANT if you follow Trim Healthy Mama: The clickable recipe links in the menu may not be THM-friendly as written. PLEASE make sure that you read the notes next to the recipe link that make each recipe THM-compliant.
- This THM Meal Plan is gluten-free.
- If there’s no clickable recipe link, that means it’s super simple and you can make it to your liking. If, for example, you don’t know how long to cook chicken thighs, you can just season them to your liking and cook them the way you normally do. You could also search for instructions online. But I try to include some instruction with each meal idea to make it simple. Lots of the breakfasts for this month are pretty easy, like scrambled eggs, and don’t include instructions.
- As always, please note that my menu planning system includes repeating breakfasts, lunches, and snacks throughout the month for simplicity. That means there are lists of breakfasts, lunches, and a handful of snacks included on this menu. My kids and I enjoy the routine of knowing what we will be eating. It definitely saves time in the kitchen!
- Remember that THM is SO ADAPTABLE! You may need to swap out E for S, or S for E, or switch things up during the week. Don’t be afraid to mix up your fuel types and keep your body guessing!
How to Adapt for a Bigger or Smaller Family
- Some of the dinners filled us up with just the entree alone. Feel free to add a side salad or round out your meals as desired. If you add side dishes, please make sure that the fuel type is the same.
- If you have bigger kids, or big eaters, you can add more protein, rice, and veggies. Again, make sure the fuel type is the same! It doesn’t hurt the recipes to add an extra chicken breast or 1/2 lb of ground beef to make a meal stretch. You can always add extra rice or veggies or salads as side dishes for the kids. Potatoes make great, frugal side dishes or lunches for kids.
- If you have a smaller family you may want to make the meals as directed but freeze half (if it’s freezable). You may also choose to eat the leftovers for lunch.
- Check out my Resources Page to see where I buy my favorites THM ingredients and tools.
You can sign up to get the printable menu straight to your inbox below!