5-Ingredient Mocha Fat Bombs
We may earn a small commission from products from the companies mentioned in this post.
If you find yourself in the mood for chocolate, you are in the right place! These low-carb Mocha Fat Bombs are S-friendly for THM's! Using only five ingredients, they are a delicate balance of coffee, cream cheese, and chocolate, and perfect to grab for a quick snack or dessert!
These low-carb Mocha Fat Bombs are definitely a Heavy S for Trim Healthy Mamas.
I truly believe one of the keys to success on THM is having snacks and desserts ready to go. Spending a few minutes of active time preparing these Trim Healthy Mama S-friendly fat bombs can be so beneficial and make it so much easier to stay on plan!
If you don't have time to prepare, however, please don't panic! In seasons of survival mode, it's totally ok to prep ahead when you can and purchase store-bought items when you don't have time. I have a list of grab-and-go THM-friendly snack ideas here if you need some inspiration!
My Favorite Ingredients for these 5-Ingredient Low-Carb Mocha Fat Bombs
Confectioner's (Powdered) Erythritol
Beat cream cheese and butter together in medium mixing bowl until creamy (about 90-120 seconds).
Move about half of cream cheese mixture into a second mixing bowl. Then you'll add in four tablespoons cocoa powder and espresso, then beat for an additional 90 seconds.
In the other half of cream cheese mixture, add sweetener and beat until combined (about 30 seconds).
Gently fold espresso cream cheese into sweetened cream cheese. Careful not to over mix as you want a swirling effect. After refrigerating, scooping, and freezing, you'll have a delicious snack or dessert to grab!
Low-Carb Mocha Fat Bombs
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 8 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- 4 + 2 tbsp cocoa powder, divided
- 3 tbsp brewed espresso
- 2-3 tbsp powdered erythritol, divided
- Beat cream cheese and butter in a mixing bowl for 90-120 seconds or until creamy
- Move half of the cream cheese mixture into another medium sized mixing bowl
- Add 4 tbsp of the cocoa powder, 1 tablespoon of sweetener, and all of the espresso to the second bowl and mix for about 90 seconds
- Add 1 tablespoon of sweetener to first bowl of cream cheese mixture and beat until combined, about 30-40 seconds.
- Gently fold espresso mixture (bowl 2) into cream cheese mixture (bowl 1). Swirl together to create a marble effect, careful not to overmix
- Taste contents of each bowl, then taste the two together, to see if more sweetener needs to be added. Tastes tend to vary widely on this recipe, so you may want to add more if necessary.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate for 30 minutes
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Using an ice cream or cookie scoop, place tablespoon-sized balls onto the parchment paper and freeze for 20 minutes
- Remove the balls from the freezer and gently roll each one in the remaining cocoa powder
- Serve immediately or store in refrigerator or freezer