We may earn a small commission from products from the companies mentioned in this post.
I am LOVING these easy skillet dinners! Whether you have a busy family or just want a delicious, easy meal, I've found that one-pan options are making staying on-plan SO quick and easy!Jump to Recipe
This is an especially fantastic recipe because it's packed with veggies – but my kids can never tell!
This one-dish recipe doesn't use any special ingredients – just cheese, seasoning, meat, veggies, and sour cream.
First you'll want to brown the ground beef.
Once the beef is cooked through, you'll add the chopped onions – I prefer to use frozen pre-chopped onions to save time:
Next it's time to add the seasoning, veggies, and broth:
You'll top the skillet with cheese and let it melt, then serve with sour cream, avocado, and green onions.
Low-Carb One-Pan Mexican Skillet
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, diced (or 1/3 cup frozen diced onion)
- 3 Tbsp taco seasoning (recipe included or store-bought)
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 7 oz package of riced broccoli and cauliflower mix
- 1 1/2 cups Mexican cheddar cheese
- sour cream
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1 Tbsp Chili powder
- 1/2 Tbsp cumin
- 1 to 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 3/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- In a large skillet over medium/high heat, brown the ground beef until almost cooked through.
- Add onion, then continue to cook until beef is browned and onion is cooked through.
- Add taco seasoning and mix well.
- Add tomatoes and frozen cauliflower/broccoli mixture and stir to combine well.
- Add the broth and stir well.
- Reduce heat to low, cover the pan with a lid, and simmer for another 3-5 minutes or until veggies are cooked through.
- Sprinkle cheese over the meat mixture and cover with the lid for another 3-5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Serve with sour cream, green onions, and avocado.