Low Carb Cookie Dough
We may earn a small commission from products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Finally – raw low-carb cookie dough!
I have cookie-obsessed kids, who are influenced by their cookie-obsessed mom, and they want to make cookies weekly, at least. On Trim Healthy Mama, I usually make this Single Serve Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe when they are eating their sugary cookies. But their cookie dough (pre-oven) was driving me crazy. I'd stare at it in the bowl like a total creeper (I didn't think you could be creepy about cookie dough, but according to my kids that exactly what I do). I'd look at it and just want it sooooooo badly I could taste it (and sometimes, ahem, I did actually taste it). I fondly remembered my sister and I making ourselves sick with the tubes of store-bought Nestle Tollhouse cookie dough, and I decided I need a low carb cookie dough in my life on a regular basis.
So I made my own!
This low-carb chocolate chip cookie dough definitely gives you that cookie dough taste and feel and DEFINITELY satisfies my cravings! This is egg-free so you don't need to worry about salmonella (is that why we're not supposed to eat raw eggs? I do it anyway, so I don't remember).
Here's what you might need to get online for this low carb cookie dough recipe:
- 1 stick of unsalted butter, very soft (but not melted)
- 2 Tablespoons + 2 teaspoons THM Gentle Sweet
- ⅛ teaspoon (really just a dash or so) of blackstrap molasses, to taste
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup + ⅛ cup THM Baking Blend OR 1 full cup super fine almond flour
- ⅛ or ¼ teaspoon salt (I like very salty cookie dough, so I go with ¼ tsp, but I recommend starting with ⅛)
- 2 Tablespoons Lily's Chocolate Chips or other low-carb chocolate chips
- Cream together butter, Gentle Sweet, molasses, and vanilla extract
- Add the salt and mix well
- Add baking blend and stir until it's all moist (my apologies for using that word) and combined well.
- Stir in chocolate chips and eat!
Copyright secured by Digiprove © 2018
This looks amazing! I’m so thrilled you admited to staring down the raw cookie dough in the bowl! I would never admit that to anyone! I totally can relate to what you said! 😀
I have my 16 month old grandson today but when he goes home I’m totally making this! Yay!
Oh my goodness! That has to be the most authentic raw cookie dough I have ever eaten! I REALLY love it! I might have to double or triple the recipe the next time I make it! SO I can share with my friends of course! I can almost taste the egg in there! (Laughing!) I always felt guilty eating raw eggs cause you know its BAD for you as my girlfriend says but this is so freaking yummy! I’d swear the egg flavor is there! I don’t know! I’m just on a freaking no sugar high and low carb craze and my blood sugar is still happy! Hugs! Thanks so much! 😀
Hi Sharon! Thank you so much for trying it and letting me know that you liked it! You made my day! 🙂
This looks so delicious! Thanks for the recipe. I can’t wait to try it when my kids are in bed 😉
Finally a cookie dough recipe that actually tastes like cookie dough!!! Thank YOU!!