Easter Menu for Trim Healthy Mamas
We may earn a small commission from products from the companies mentioned in this post.
When I started the THM lifestyle, big “special occasion” meals were my stumbling block. While eating sugar and combining carbs and fats for one meal won't destroy your life (or your diet, or your waistline), one meal often turns into two, which turns into a week of bad eating, which makes me feel gross. And after working so hard to put sugar cravings behind me, I didn't want to start over…but I didn't want to miss out on delicious food. I really wanted a THM Easter but I didn't know where to start.
I decided to track down recipes that would be so amazing no one would be able to tell that we were eating a healthy, gluten-free, sugar-free meal that won't derail me from my Trim Healthy Mama eating habits.
This is my Easter menu this year, and my mouth is already watering looking at all of this yummy goodness for a THM Easter of your own! The one ingredient that may be challenging to find in stores is Swerve Sweetener for dessert, and I just realized I've run out, so YAY for Amazon Prime's 2-day shipping!
This is a heavy S meal, and my one exception for feeding kids would be to add carbs of some sort (especially for my kids, because they definitely don't need to lose any weight!). I think I've decided to bake a few potatoes for them to enjoy, but the adults will pass so that we get all of the benefits of an “S” meal without any of the guilt! Ingredients for potatoes or mashed potatoes for the kids are not included on the shopping list, so you'll want to add those if you decide to make something extra.
Here are the links to the recipes, and the printable shopping list is at the bottom of the post:
1. Rack of Lamb with Mint Pesto from Food Network (photo credit goes to Lattes and Leggings Blog)
2. Cheesy Cauliflower Mashed “Better Than Potatoes” from I Breathe I'm Hungry
3. Oven-Roasted Asparagus from Pioneer Woman (This serves four, so I double the recipe because my kids love asparagus)
4. Low-Carb Bread Rolls from Maria Mind Body, Health- or some of the breads from the new THM Cookbook would be great, as well. The shopping list includes ingredients for the bread rolls linked here, though, so if you choose to make something else make sure you adjust the shopping list accordingly.
5. Easy Deviled Eggs from Six Sisters' Stuff (This uses six eggs for twelve deviled egg halves, for more you'll need extra eggs)
6. Chocolate Eclair Cake from my all-time-favorite place for dessert recipes, All Day I Dream About Food . If this one doesn't float your boat, there are TONS of other amazing recipes at AllDayIDreamAboutFood.com – the desserts are incredible.
Because this is a Trim Healthy Mama “S” Meal, all of these recipes are low-carb, gluten-free, and free from added sugar. It's hard to believe, but this incredible meal is the same kind of meal that helped me to lose 30 pounds of stubborn baby weight in four months, getting me back high school weight. Even better, I've been able to maintain my weight by eating really great food every day. You'll want to read Trim Healthy Mama to learn exactly how that works. 😉
Here is the printable menu and shopping list – on this menu, all of the recipes are underlined and hyperlinked. Clicking on those links will take you straight to the recipes (which are also linked in the post above).
I hope you have a wonderful Easter!
You May Also Enjoy:
Why the Easter Bunny Comes to Our House on Saturday
Photo Credit: Adobe Stock