We may earn a small commission from products from the companies mentioned in this post.
I don't like exercise. If I'm running, it's because something is chasing me. But five years ago, when I first started Trim Healthy Mama, I noticed that my results were WAY better when I added exercise.
At the time, there were some general instructions and recommendations from Trim Healthy Mama on how to exercise, but they didn't have an exercise program. I was so excited when they released “Workins,” but I wanted to make it through the entire program and measure the results for myself before I recommended it to anyone else.
You have a few different options to start Trim Healthy Mama Workins. You can buy the full set (pictured above), which includes the DVDs, the poster, a guide, three exercise bands in different sizes/weights, an exercise doorstop, and a resistance tube with handles.
This Trim Healthy Mama Workins set is currently on sale for $59.99, but the MSRP is $99.99 (of course, all of their prices are subject to change).
You can also buy each item separately (as shown below), and when on sale, these items add up to $66.93 altogether (with the sale prices).
What are the Trim Healthy Mama Workins workouts like?
The workouts are pretty fun! Serene and Pearl chat through the exercises. Each workout is about 20 minutes long, and they have some 5 minute options for busy days. They make it clear that this is not meant to be used every single day.
The workouts go by quickly, and you have the option to mute Serene and Pearl – although I never did! Listening to their banter helped me get through the exercises and was a nice distraction.
Some of the moves are really fun (like the “Mad Matador”), and one of my five kids usually joins in.
You can choose from “Gentle” “Steady” or “Thrill” programs to meet your needs. “Gentle” is perfect for exercise beginners and pregnant women. I started out in “Gentle”, but since I've been exercising off and on for years I felt like it was a little too light for me and jumped up to “Steady.” After I completed the program at the “Steady” level, I jumped up to “Thrill.”
Even at the “Steady” level, I often found myself sore in the, ahem, large muscle area. I actually liked that because the workouts were so quick I wasn't sure that I was really accomplishing anything. But I did work up a sweat, and I did feel sore later, so I took it as confirmation that the workout was helping!
- The price is cheaper than a gym membership
- The workouts are just 20 minutes long, perfect for busy moms!
- With so many DVDs included, it doesn't feel repetitive
- The program adapts to any fitness level
- The workouts are fun
- It really works!
- Some may consider the cost of the program to be high. I can say that I've used it for a months and months, and the bands and DVDs are still in great shape. The cost over time has averaged out to be just a few dollars per month that I've used it, and I don't anticipate any problems with the equipment or DVDs, so I think it's worth the price.
- After going through the program twice, I'm moving on to another program, but I'll be coming back to this one. After several rounds I'm ready for something a little more challenging (or I may just get heavier weights).
- I seriously couldn't think of an excuse not to fit in some exercise, ha ha! On lazy days I couldn't really talk myself out of exercising with this program because it's so quick!
Yay or Nay?
Workins from Trim Healthy Mama gets a big thumbs up from me. I've tried dozens of programs, and this one seems to be the most effective in the shortest amount of time.
I'm giving away the boxed Workins set, which includes the bands, tube, DVDs, doorstop, booklet, and poster!