Update: I was able to make the font a little bigger on the calendar, so you can download the new versions with bigger fonts by clicking the blue download buttons below.
This is the full printable menu for May! I relied on some of the cookbook recipes this month because we are SO busy, I just really needed it to be simple. When I made this Trim Healthy Mama Menu for May, I tried something new, and I'd love to hear feedback on it – I set up the xcel version to be editable. That means you can swap out meals that you don't want and fill it in yourself! (This is JUST the XLSX version, not the PDFs). However, please remember that the shopping lists go with the menus that I created, so if you change a meal you'll want to cross off the shopping list ingredients that correspond to the meals you decide to replace.
Here are your notes (these are important!), and below the notes you'll find the free printable downloads.
- MOST IMPORTANT: The clickable recipe links in the menu may not be THM-friendly as written. PLEASE make sure that you download and read the weekly instructions that make each recipe THM-compliant.
- As always, this menu is gluten-free, and this month dairy-free options are included, as well.
- Each week, I’ll put up a new post with the week’s menu instructions, recipe links, and printable shopping lists. You can sign up at the very top of this page to get updates so you don’t miss out!
- If there’s no clickable recipe link, that means it’s super simple and you can make it to your liking. If, for example, you don’t know how long to cook chicken thighs, you can just season them to your liking and cook them the way you normally do, or search for instructions online. But I try to include some instruction with each meal idea to make it simple. Lots of the breakfasts for this month are pretty easy, like scrambled eggs, and don’t include instructions.
- As always, please note that my menu planning system includes repeating breakfasts, lunches, and snacks throughout the month for simplicity. That means there are lists of breakfasts, lunches, and a handful of snacks included on this menu. My kids and I enjoy the routine of knowing that on Monday we will be eating a certain thing for breakfast and a certain thing for lunch – it definitely saves time in the kitchen!
- Some of the dinners filled us up, but it just might be us – feel free to add a side salad or round out your meals as desired.
- Remember that THM is SO ADAPTABLE! You may need to swap out E for S, or S for E, or switch things up during the week. Don’t be afraid to mix up your fuel types and keep your body guessing!
- This menu and the shopping lists that go with it feed my family of 7, but my oldest is 11. If you have bigger kids, or big eaters, you may want to add more protein, rice, and veggies to your shopping list. It doesn’t hurt the recipes to add an extra chicken breast or 1/2 lb of ground beef to make a meal stretch, and you can always add extra rice or veggies or salads as side dishes for the kids. When money’s tight, I’ll grab a bag of potatoes and give the kids a baked potato lunch when I’m eating a salad, or serve them as dinner sides that I avoid.
- If you have a smaller family you may want to make the meals as directed but freeze half (if it’s freezable), or just eat the leftovers for lunch.
- If you already need these ingredients and want to help keepWorkingatHomeschool.com running, using my affiliate links here doesn’t cost you any extra and definitely helps me out! You can check out my Resources Page to see where I buy my favorites.
Here is the full monthly menu in a calendar view, with clickable recipe links. Please note that you will need the weekly menu instructions as I post them (like the ones below) in order to see the revisions that make these recipes THM-friendly.
Note: there is a problem with the link for White Chicken Chili in Week 2. I apologize, I can't get the correct link into the monthly calendar, so here's the link for your reference. The link in the Week 2 Instructions is correct.Full Menu Calendar for May PDF
Full Menu Calendar for May XLSX
Week 1:May Week 1 Instructions
May Week 1 Shopping List
Week 2:May Week 2 Instructions
May Week 2 Shopping List
May Week 3 Shopping List
Week 4:May Week 4 Instructions
May Week 4 Shopping List
Week 5:May Week 5 Instructions
May Week 5 Shopping List