One of my top tips for THM is to eat your veggies! This THM-Friendly Air Fryer Asparagus recipe is a crowd pleaser, and one of my favorite slimming side dishes.
If you're getting tired of side salad, these bacon wrapped asparagus bundles are a fantastic way to get your veggies in – these are so yummy and easy to make!
Tools You Need
If you don't have an Air Fryer, you are missing out! I have an Instant Pot Duo Crisp 11-in-1, and I have used it almost every day since I bought it a year ago. This is my favorite small kitchen appliance by FAR – it's an air fryer, pressure cooker, steamer, dehydrator, and sous vides all in one – plus, it roasts, bakes, and broils – and more! This is what I use for all of my air fryer recipes and I am always very pleased with the delicious results.
One of my favorite kitchen hacks is to create the habit of maximizing your time in the kitchen. Every night when I'm in the kitchen making dinner, I also make one prep ahead item unrelated to the meal. That almost always involves my Instant Pot 11-in-1. While dinner is cooking, I'll put brown rice in the Instant Pot to pressure cook. By the time dinner has been eaten, it's cool and ready to wrap up for an easy E side or dinner later in the week. Or I'll cook some meat (from frozen – this Instant Pot can do that quickly!) for lunches or dinners, etc. It's a super easy way to be efficient in the kitchen without creating a big mess.
How to Make It
On to the THM-Friendly Air Fryer Asparagus – this does not take long to make at all, and it's SO good!
You'll start by preheating hour Air Fryer to 350º. Then you'll want to snap the woody stems off of your asparagus – I like to do this by bending one asparagus stalk until it snaps, then cutting all of the asparagus to the same length. Here's a helpful tutorial on how to cut asparagus.
Next, you'll put the asparagus into a large mixing bowl and toss with oil, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
Next, you'll separate the asparagus into five small, equal bundles and wrap with one slice of bacon.
Air fry these bundles for 8-12 minutes. The asparagus will be getting tender and the bacon will be crispy.
Once it's done, you'll sprinkle the bundles with parmesan cheese (the green canned stuff is totally fine here) and air fry for a few minutes longer.
And you're done! You have a fairly easy, delicious low-carb THM-Friendly Air Fryer Asparagus. This is an excellent side to an S dinner!
Air Fryer Asparagus
- Air Fryer
- 30 spears of asparagus
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese (green can is fine)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 5 strips of bacon
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your Air Fryer to 350 degrees
- Break off the woody part of the asparagus stem from each asparagus spear
- Add the asparagus to a bowl and toss with olive oil, garlic powder, and salt and pepper to taste
- Separate the asparagus into 5 equal bundles of 6 spears each
- Wrap each bundle with one strip of bacon
- Cook the asparagus bundles in your air fryer for 8-12 minutes
- The time will depend on the size of the bundles and your asparagus spears – the spears should start to become tender and the bacon should be crispy.
- Sprinkle the bundles with parmesan and cook for another 2-3 minutes