We may earn a small commission from products from the companies mentioned in this post.
I am all about saturating my diet with veggies. THIS recipe takes the cheesy goodness to the next level and makes this one a keeper!
This low-carb Cheesy Garlic Asparagus recipe works as an “S” for Trim Healthy Mamas. The crispy bacon makes it extra special, and makes this a perfect side dish for comfort food or even for serving to company!
First, you'll wash and trim the asparagus (I trim mine by cutting off the bottom inch and a half or so, but I have more detailed directions in the recipe below).
Then you'll line a baking sheet with parchment paper and lay the asparagus on it. Drizzle with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
After it has baked for about 15 minutes you'll add the cheese and bacon and return it to the oven.
This is one of my favorites, and you can experiment with which types of cheese you use, too!
Cheesy Garlic Asparagus
- 1 lb asparagus
- 1/8 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp melted butter
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 6-8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp mineral salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Prep the asparagus – trim by cutting off bottom inch, then using a vegetable peeler to shave off the fibrous part of the last inch. Or you could just cut a few inches off of the bottom if you prefer!
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place asparagus in a single layer on the parchment paper.
- Sprinkle the asparagus with salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil.
- Place the asparagus in the oven and bake for fifteen minutes.
- After fifteen minutes, carefully remove the baking sheet from the oven and drizzle with butter, then sprinkle cheese and bacon over the top.
- Return to oven for 5-10 minutes, or until cheese is all melted and beginning to lightly brown.