We may earn a small commission from products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Once again, Rohnda Sue to the rescue! Rohnda's popular blog, rohndasue.com, had some of my favorite THM recipes – I linked to them in many of my menus. This low carb coffee cake recipe is a Sunday morning blessing around here – it's so good to make ahead!
Rohnda has kindly allowed me to repost this recipe and photos as she is shutting down her website – she didn't want you to miss out on this recipe, and neither do I!
The moist cake layer is delicious, and the crunchy topping is just perfect! This is one of my all-time favorite low carb coffee cake recipes!
If you like this low coffee cake recipe, you should try:
- ¼ cup ground flax
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ¼ cup almond flour
- (or ¾ cup THM Baking Blend)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup of melted butter
- ⅓ cup of sour cream
- 1 tsp maple extract (you may also use caramel, coffee or vanilla extract)
- ¼ cup of Sweet Blend from THM
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 2 Tbls melted coconut oil (or more butter)
- 1 Tbls of ground cinnamon
- 2 Tbls Sweet Blend or other sweetener to taste
- ¼ tsp molasses
- Extra topping: ⅓ cup nuts (I like pecans)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix flax, coconut flour, and almond flour in a bowl (or just use ¾ cup THM Baking Blend).
- Add 2 teaspoons baking powder and stir well, breaking up all of the clumps.
- Stir together eggs, melted butter, sour cream, maple extract, and Sweet Blend. Once all wet ingredients are combined well, add wet mixture to dry ingredients and stir together. Pour into a greased 8 x 8 pan.
- Mix all topping ingredients together. Spoon the topping onto the batter in the pan and swirl it in with a knife.
- Sprinkle nuts over the top of the cake and bake for 30 minutes.
- Let cool and serve warm or re-heated.