I love a good planner. And I've had a good planner for years. I've reviewed Erin Condren's Horizontal and Vertical planners, Plum Paper's Planners, and Erin Condren's Teacher's Manuals (which are perfect for homeschool, by the way!). But I saw a picture of Corie Clark's Purposeful Planner, and it spoke to me. For real. Because my goal is to be intentional and purposeful – with my prayer life, with my devotions, with my kids, with our homeschooling, with work…with everything. So a Purposeful Planner just sounded good. And then when I saw it, I – well, honestly, remember in 2 Samuel when the prophet Nathan tells King David the parable about the lamb? I kind of feel like King David. I have several planners, but I REALLY wanted this one. Fortunately, I didn't have to steal it…I wouldn't steal a planner or anything else, promise! I mainly mention that story because I feel really greedy in my quest to find the perfect planner (and you'll definitely want to see the inside of The Purposeful Planner, so keep reading!).
I contacted Corie Clark and
begged politely requested the opportunity to review this planner, and she very kindly and graciously sent one for me to review. So I'm sharing it with you, and comparing it to the new Erin Condren vertical hourly Life Planner, because it was the closest thing I could find. This is a little bit like comparing apples to oranges, because Corie Clark does have a Weekly Planner, not just a Daily Planner, and the Erin Condren planner reviewed here is weekly. But I really wanted you to see these gorgeous planners, so I'm just going for it anyway. 🙂 If you are a big weekly overview kind of person, you may want to buy a Corie Clark Purposeful Weekly Planner, with one of these notepads to use everyday….it's just an idea! This is The Purposeful Planner Review vs. The Erin Condren Hourly Planner Review…and personally, The Purposeful Planner is the winner for me as a homeschool mom, but both of these planners have great options for everyone and I can wholeheartedly recommend both.
As always, I did a very detailed review with LOTS of pictures (which are not all uniformly sized, because I am not a uniform kind of person. And because I couldn't figure out how to make the pictures all exactly the same size). My planner reviews are always too wordy, so I apologize in advance for the length of this post. I have notes below each photo, then pros and cons of both at the very bottom.
NOTE: In this review, I jump back and forth a bit between the two planners. It's easy to tell which is which because The Purposeful Planner is black and white, and the Erin Condren Life Planner is in color. But just in case, please note that my notes are BELOW each photo and explain which planner I'm looking at and the details you'll find inside. Let's get started:
Those are the photos, now here are the pros and cons of both:
The Purposeful Daily Planner
- Durable, very pretty cover (2 options available, plus a leather cover option)
- Excellent year goal-setting questions and sections to write in
- Meal Planning and Budget worksheets before the start of every month
- AMAZING daily planning sheets with tons of room to write, top 3 tasks section, menu section, water intake, prayer and praise, etc.
- Durable, quality paper
- Excellent quality overall
- Corie Clark is a mom, and she GETS IT. I feel like The Purposeful Planner is my planner wish list come to life. This is everything I need as a homeschool mom and business owner. I especially love that it includes everything that I normally write in to my Erin Condren Life Planners.
- A bit too heavy to carry in a purse
- No color (although black and white pages might be a plus for people who like to decorate)
The price for either a Daily OR Weekly Planner is $48 plus tax and shipping. Click here to buy The Purposeful Planner.
Erin Condren Life Planner Hourly:
- The colors are beautiful. I *could* be wrong, but I think this is what I had been hoping for, with the horizontal colors in a vertical layout!
- The boxes are lined (another thing I always wished for in the vertical layouts).
- There is a lined AND unlined decorative page before every month.
- The hourly planning is perfect for people who rely heavily on schedules.
- This Hourly planner has all of the same favorite features of the other Erin Condren Life Planners, including extras you can purchase like snap-in coil clips, rulers, dashboards, etc.
- There isn't much room to decorate, or to track extras.
- While I love the colors, they don't match the seasons very well.