If you're new to Working at Homeschool, I have lots of meal ideas here! For example, check out $7 THM Dinners HERE).
31 GF THM Lunches:
Here are 31 gluten-free Trim Healthy Mama lunches, with a free printable at the bottom of the post. Since I wrote this post, I added two new lunch recipes of my own – LOVE THESE! THM Pasta Salad (which can be made GF by substituting the noodles) and Easy Black Bean Chicken Salad (secretly my favorite). So really, this post contains 33 THM Lunch Ideas!
(#s 1-6 pictured above)
1. Asparagus, egg, and bacon salad (S) from SkinnyTaste.com
2. Blueberry cheesecake protein shake (FP) from DashingDish.com
(I make sure I go easy on the berries and use the laughing cow wedge option)
3. Chicken Bacon Ranch Pizza & Breadsticks (S) from MealsandMesses.Blogspot.Com
4. Mason Jar Salads (S or FP, depending on ingredients and dressing) from OrganizeYourselfSkinny.com
5. Trim Healthy Sandwiches (S) from theLaundryMoms.com
7. Turkey wraps – Oven roasted turkey with avocado slices, tomato slices, and cheese rolled up – with cut-up veggies on the side. (S) You can also omit avocado and cheese for a (FP)
8. Chicken Salad in Tomato Cups (S) from TasteofHome.com
9. Amazing Cottage Cheese Salad (S – unless you omit olives and olive oil, then it would be FP) **This recipe calls for a seasoning that can be hard to find, but you can make your own with this recipe from Alton Brown**
10. Trim Healthy Waffle Bread Sandwiches (S) from SheriGraham.com
11. Asian Chicken Salad 3 Ways (S, E, or FP) from WorkingatHomeschool.com
12. Joseph’s Pita Pizza (S) (THM book). For GF option, make Fooled Ya Pizza Crust (THM book), OR substitute very thinly sliced chicken breasts for the crust. It sounds weird, but if you make them thin enough you can get a crispy pizza “crust”.
13. Waldorf Cottage Cheese Salad (THM book) (E)
14. Quinoa and Chickpea Salad (omit avocado for an E) from SkinnyTaste.com
15. Organic hot dogs with veggie sticks (S)
16. Salad with baked or grilled chicken (S or FP, depending on ingredients)
17. Kid-Approved Cucumber Boats (FP) from WorkingatHomeschool.com
18. Baked sweet potato with 1 tsp butter and Just Like Brown Sugar (E) with lean protein on the side (I usually eat some cubed leftover chicken)
19. Pizza Poppers (S) from RealFoodCarolyn.com
20. Antipasta Platter (S) I usually choose just a few items from FoodNetwork.com to make my plate. My favorite is a few slices of salami, a few slices of cappicolla ham, fresh mozzarella, and a few olives.
21. Taco Bowl (S) from MarksDailyApple.com. I usually use leftovers to make different variations of this if I don't feel up to making kale chips.
22. Grilled Salmon with mixed baby greens (S)
23. Feta Avocado Chicken Salad (S – omit corn) from ChefinTraining.com
24. Crustless Quiches (S, I substitute almond milk for half-and-half) from KristaandJess.Wordpress.com
25. Avocado Egg Salad (S) SkinnyTaste.com
26. Greek Salad (S) from LaundryMoms.com
27. Creamy Fiesta Wraps (E) on Pinterest (recipe is in the comments)
28. Cucumber Chickpea Bruschetta (E) from GlutenFreeWorks.com
29. Caprese Salad with Avocado (S) – I usually add a bit of lean protein like chicken breasts to mine – from ATeaspoonofHappiness.com
30. Low-Carb Tuna Salad (S) from JustaPinch.com **note: This is a single serving recipe, so you'll need to multiply it if you're sharing)
31. Greek Quinoa Salad (E) from SkinnyTaste.com **note: To keep this an “E”, I use only 5 kalamata olives sliced thinly instead of 10. That way the fat is reduced, but you still get a little of the olive taste. This is a favorite!
————->31 GF THM Lunches Printable <—————
I know this is avocado-heavy, but hey! It's that time of year! Just remember that for Trim Healthy Mama, avocados are acceptable in an “S” setting, and at 1/2 an avocado per serving. If you don't like avocado, you can omit it in every recipe except for the egg salad.
As usual, most of these lunches are Paleo and Candida diet friendly, too!
I have all of the pinnable recipes pinned on my Pinterest board to make it easier, but some of them require tweaks so make sure to check this page for the recipe and modifications, if needed.
If you like this, please share it! This blog is a labor of love that I don't get paid for, so my “payment” is seeing that people are blessed by this work — I LOVE seeing the “shares” on Facebook and Pinterest! Thank you for coming by!
I also have 31 Gluten-Free Sugar-Free Trim Healthy Mama Snacks, 31 Days of Gluten-Free Trim Healthy Mama Meals for April/May, and more menus and shopping lists!