We may earn a small commission from products from the companies mentioned in this post.
This is not a recipe, but something that I thought might help some of you busy moms! A few days ago we were running out the door for music lessons, and we had decided to have pizza casserole from the Trim Healthy Mama book for dinner. The problem was that we would be out for several hours and wouldn't get home until 6…which meant that it we would need an hour when we got home to cook the casserole, and we wouldn't be eating until 7. So I decided to throw the ingredients in a crockpot, and lo and behold, it worked!
If you want to try this great recipe, but you don't have the book, you can buy it at the Trim Healthy Mama store.
– Grease the inside of the crockpot;
– Make sure you start with a layer of pizza sauce on the bottom of the crockpot (if you don't, your meat could get gross);
– Pre-cook your meat as directed in the THM recipe (page 327);
– Use the same ingredients listed on the THM Pizza Casserole Recipe from the book (I like to add a sprinkle of dried oregano to the top of mine);
– Cook for 2-3 hours on low in the crockpot. 4 hours could burn it, depending on your crockpot (mine runs super hot), so definitely keep an eye on it after 3 hours. This is the perfect amount of time for us to run a bunch of errands and come home to a hot dinner!
I tried it with Cheeseburger Pie (page 326); and it worked great! I made extra of the creamy mixture and spread it on the bottom of the crockpot before layering as the recipe directs. Again, the results are not good when you put the meat layer down first.
That's it! Utilizing my crockpot saves me lots of time; I hope this is helpful!
P.S. If you loooooove pizza like I do, check out another low-carb pizza recipe: Canadian Bacon Pizza