We may earn a small commission from products from the companies mentioned in this post.
My family loves breakfast burritos, and we have missed them so much since my daughter was diagnosed with Celiac disease. I first got the idea for this low-carb version from FingerPrickingGood, a website full of diabetic-friendly recipes. It's a genius idea, and it got me thinking – what if I could make a more traditional breakfast burrito, even preparing it the way I used to make our tortilla-wrapped favorites? These Super Low Carb Breakfast Burritos definitely satisfied our cravings.
I do have a freezer breakfast burrito recipe, but we prefer to eat totally grain-free now. This option is even lower in carbs, and perfect as a Trim Healthy Mama “S” breakfast…although my husband said he would be happy to eat this for lunch, or dinner, or whenever I'd be willing to make it for him!
This super simple and yummy re-make is nearly exactly the method I used to make our favorite homemade breakfast burritos back when we ate tortillas, only this version has a healthy, low-carb twist. The best part is, my kids asked for seconds…and thirds…so I know this one is definitely a hit!
These are so simple and easy. Just make the scrambled eggs, fill the ham in place of tortillas, place seam-side down in the casserole dish, top with cheese and bake. SO good!
- 8 eggs
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- pinch of mineral salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- taco sauce
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- two 9 ounce packages sliced deli meat
- coconut oil cooking spray
- green onions (optional, for topping)
- sour cream (optional, for serving)
- salsa (optional, for serving)
- avocado (optional, for serving)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly spray a 9x13 baking dish with coconut oil spray.
- Heat pan on the stovetop with butter.
- Whisk eggs, softened cream cheese, salt, and pepper in a small bowl.
- Add the egg mixture to the pan and cook until cooked through.
- Take two slices of deli meat and add a scoop of eggs to the middle.
- Pour taco sauce over the eggs (I just use about 1 Tablespoon per burrito), then roll up and place seam-side down in the 9x13 baking dish.
- Continue filling and rolling deli meat slices until the baking dish is full.
- Top with shredded, grated cheese and bake for 15 minutes, or until cooked through and cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle with chopped green onions, if desired.
- Serve with sour cream, salsa, and sliced avocado.